1753781 Members
7460 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite tapes

SOLVED
Go to solution

Ignite tapes

I used the make_tape_recovery command to Ignite my D380 server. Can I restore to a K580 using this tape? My D380 and K580 both have the same amount of memory and the same number of CPUs. My D380 has two internal SEAGATE disk drives and my K580 has 4 internal SEAGATE disk drives. When I put the D380 Ignite tape into the K580 and attempt to restore, will it work or will it crash?

Thanks.

Valisha

P.S. This thread has been moevd  from Storage > General to HP-UX > ignite. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Ignite tapes

You can only do these with the latest ignite version. You can download it from here. On any version of ignite that has a version of 3.x this is not possible.

http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html

I would also create the tape so that you can create the new image interactively, so when you boot from the tape, you can make changes to filesystem sizes and to which disk(s) you wish to use.

e.g. (make note of the no-rewind device)

# make_tape_recovery -x inc_entire=vg00 -v -I -a /dev/rmt/0mn
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Re: Ignite tapes

Basically it will work, however you need to do an interactive recovery to first select your boot disk which has a different HW path.

Next you should by all means set the option "Cloning to different HW" to true.

(it is under Additional in the Basic Tab of itool)

Moreover you may have to install additional drivers for cards in your K-Class that did not exist in your D-Class (such as PB-100BT LAN cards)

Regards,
Bernhard