8471 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ignite-ux on IPF system

SOLVED
Go to solution

Ignite-ux on IPF system

Hello,

I have installed the ignite-ux bundle on a rx2600 Itanium server, running version hpux 11.22 ia64. In previous versions it was possible to make a bootable table with the command: make_recovery -Acv
On the new system i tried this with the following command: make_tape_recovery -v -I -x inc_entire=vg00
Unfortunate i get the following error: make_tape_recovery is not supported on IPF systems.
What is the correct way to make a bootable tape for this system?
3 REPLIES 3
Dietmar Konermann
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Ignite-ux on IPF system

Itanium system are not yet able to boot from tape devices directly. The workaround is to boot from a "helper CD" that starts the actual recovery from tape.

To get an image of this CD along with an enablement for make_tape_recovery you should contact your local response center. Point them to document KBNL00000384.

Best regards...
Dietmar.
"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end." -- Spock (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)

Thanks, i will contact them!

Armin Samide

Hi.

>...
>To get an image of this CD along with an >enablement for make_tape_recovery you should >contact your local response center. Point >them to document KBNL00000384.
>...

Does this "enablement for make_tape_recovery" also allow me to create recovery tapes on a itanium machine (or only to boot a itanium from a tape)?
I have the same problem as described above ( ... not supported in IPF systems ) and it would be fine to get a solution for this problem to create a recovery tape from one of our Itanium machines.

Thanks,
Armin