Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Ignite-UX
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite with out and Ignite server

Allen Jasewicz_2
Occasional Advisor

Ignite with out and Ignite server

I am attempting to cold boot a HP9000 server to a NAS device without an Ignite server.  Basically my task is to rebuild the first HP-UX box from a golden image I have on a NAS device served up via NFS.  I can do this all day long once I have my ignite server up, the question is how do I recover my Ignite server without any other HP-UX boxes on line?  My initial thought is to have a boot DVD that will allow me to boot the first box and let me do a locally administered install, thus allowing me to enter the network parameters to get to the golden image.  Is there a document that describes this process?  I did find this.http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp;jsessionid=BVXmTlHZ6p7ZzJLp1nP7wsHxTzzXpHDp1zpt9Qhv2BHgwMhcH2r7!358740387?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=3200199&prodTypeId=18964&objectID=c01823707&hpappid=NextGen  is it what I am looking for?

Thank you