Operating System - HP-UX
1753435 Members
4574 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Is it supported when using two BL860c as Ignite-UX servers and Ignite-UX clients mutually ?

chi_chan
Occasional Contributor

Is it supported when using two BL860c as Ignite-UX servers and Ignite-UX clients mutually ?

Hi all

I have two BL860c that I want to configure as following. Let's call the two servers BL860c(A) and BL860c(B)
(i) Sometimes BL860c(A) is needed to be used as an Ignite-UX server and BL860c(B) is needed to be used as an Ignite-UX client.
(ii) Sometimes BL860c(B) is needed to be used as an Ignite-UX server and BL860c(A) is needed to be used as an Ignite-UX client.

Is the above configuration supported ?
Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor

Re: Is it supported when using two BL860c as Ignite-UX servers and Ignite-UX clients mutually ?

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. There is not much difference between ignite server and client. Server is going to hold the image and backup configuration data.

You just need to specifiy the server address along with make_net_recovery command. Obviously you need to export the NFS mount from ignite server and create the necessary client directory before run recovery command.

You can take the image of A and keep it on B and keep the image B on server A.
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
chi_chan
Occasional Contributor

Re: Is it supported when using two BL860c as Ignite-UX servers and Ignite-UX clients mutually ?

Hi Ganesan R

Thank you very much for your helpful advice.
I will give the answer to my customer.

Best regards.