New Discussion юеВ

Re: Link name is longer than 100 chars

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Link name is longer than 100 chars

HI Gurzz,
I take the ignite backup of my application server running 11.11 and during ignite I received below mention messages
pax:var/opt/OSSInstall/ipd/Platform7/08.27/patches/M708/prepared/opt/platform7_08.27/lib/libCAL_pa32-hpux-mt.0: Link name is longer than 100 chars.
I restore the backup on another server and try to start the application but its showing me Missing Link files.
Is there any way to create the link files without copying the files from the original server?
Is there any script that creates the database link in his original condition?
How can I create the link manually?
Thanks In advance.
Khalid
8 REPLIES 8
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Ideally ignite should invoke pax with "-x pax" so there are no limits.

Otherwise you'll need to look at the links on the source system and create a script to recreate them on the target system.

Take a look at /acc7ora/product/10.2.0/network/mesg/ncrus.msb and see what it is.

You may have to create a script to look at the output of recovery.log to recreate those links.
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Thanks Dennis,

Did you have any sample of script or Link?
I have no Idea how to i create it again follow the ignite logs.
I really appreciated if you give me any tips.

Khalid

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

>Did you have any sample of script or Link?

Not really, I just looked and only found these threads:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1199118
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=221640

None seem to offer any. I'm not sure what this does:
-o invalid=action

Until next year, I can only hand wave, not provide actual scripts. (I'm not talking about rocket science here.)

>I have no Idea how to i create it again follow the ignite logs.

The first thing to do is to see if you can get ignite to pass more options to pax.

Otherwise to write that script, I need to see one of the bad links:
ll -ia /acc7ora/product/10.2.0/network/mesg/ncrus.msb
F Verschuren
Esteemed Contributor

A script to searce all links can be created as follow:

find . -type l -exec ls -al {} ";" |awk '{ print " ln -s "$9 " " $11} ' > script

copy the script to the new server and run the script (in the same dir!!!)
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>F Verschuren: A script to search all links can be created as follow:

With some refinements and fixing the ln ordering: :-)
find . -type l -exec ll -a {} + | awk '{ print "ln -sf", $11, $9}' > script
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Thanks /Dennis Handly,

As per you said I need to run this command on my first server (original Server)and safe the output in to script and then move this script onto 2nd server(ignite restore server where the link missing) and run this script.
Can you explain me what I need to do if I have not first server available with me. I have only Ignite Logs available and need to create the link by following the ignite log file.

Khalid
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Can you explain me what I need to do if I have not first server available with me. I have only Ignite logs available and need to create the link by following the ignite log file.

There isn't much you can do without a system with the links. The log only shows you which files are bad, not all of the symlinks that F Verschuren's script finds.

I don't know if there is some info recorded by pax(1)? You may want to try storing off a long symlink and see what's there in the the archive?

You might be able to guess where the link is pointing by looking at the basename: libCAL_pa32-hpux-mt.0
If this is a shlib, it may be pointing in the same directory. (If this is the case, the product was packaged incorrectly, you don't need an absolute path to point to file. I.e. for /usr/lib/hpux32/libCsup.so it is a link to ./libCsup.so.1.)

Note if these products were installed with swinstall, you can look at the IPD to figure out the link.
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

its my to old thread...Forget to close.

Solution:Reinstalled the application

Thanks

Khalid