5188 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Make_recovery

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sue Nitschneider

Make_recovery

Problem: When I use the current recovery tape to reconstruct the system disk, mirrored logical volumes are not accessable. Logical volumes that are not mirrored are ok.
HP-UX 11.0
command:
make_recovery -A -v -C -d /dev/rmt/c2t0d0Bestn

Thanks Sue
8 REPLIES 8
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Make_recovery

Hi Sue:

The current versions of Ignite do not support automatic mirroring. It is necessary to manually reconstruct the mirrors (including via a script). Automatic mirroring is being investigated as a future enhancement, according to Ignite documentation.

Regards!

...JRF...

Alex_17
Frequent Advisor

Hi Sue,

as I know, automatic scripting is not available with current version.

Alex.
Alex_17
Frequent Advisor

Sorry,

I meant automatic mirroring,

Alex.
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

As on the mainframe we have, this is a user option to be done after the restore.

The reason is, maybe you don't want to destroy the data on the mirrors using an automatic product.

I agree it would be nice in a future release to have the option to do this, but then you would have to interrupt the restore process.

As it works now, all you do is boot from the tape and it restores the entire tape. Any time you add options, you have to decide what options to do.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
Magdi KAMAL
Respected Contributor

Hi Sue,

With recovering from an Ignite-UX tape ( entire vg00 or other ) you will have every thing identical but only without replicating info on the supposed mirror disks.

This, you had to play it manualy.

Magdi

Deshpande Prashant
Honored Contributor

Hi Sue
With existing ignite version, the mirror information do not get written in to recovery tape automatically.
You can add the mirror information to the end of /var/opt/ignite/recovery/config.recover file.
# first run make_tape_recovery in preview mode
#make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/0mn -A -p -v -I -x inc_entire=vg00

Then append your mirror information (commands to create back mirror) at end of config.recover file.
Then continue the make_tape_recovery.
#make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/0mn -r -v -I -x inc_entire=vg00

I had tested to build machine with earlier ignite version(2.2) but not with this current.

Thanks.
Prashant.
Take it as it comes.
Mike Patel
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I use make_tape_recovery -AvI and it work fine for me.

Thanks

Mike
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Remember that ignites main purpose is to restore a system, not to clone it.

Mirroring just takes hours when you want your system back in action.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)