Modifying Ignite Depot Location

Sean McConkey_5
Advisor

Modifying Ignite Depot Location

While creating a Depot for 11.31 Version 3 I put the target for the depot as /var/opt/ignite/depots/Rel_B.11.31/0308 but after I thought it would be better to name it /var/opt/ignite/depots/Rel_B.11.31/Version_3 so renamed the 0308 directory to Version_3.

I then created the config files etc pointing to the renamed depot but when I try Ignite a client it failes as its looking for the 0308 depot still.

swlist -l depot still points to 0308.

I've hunted high and low to find out where to change the actual depot information but have hit a blank.

Therefore is it possible to do this and how do I go about it?

TIA.
-
3 REPLIES 3
Sean McConkey_5
Advisor

Re: Modifying Ignite Depot Location

Cracked it.

Changed /var/adm/sw/host_object and /var/adm/sw/target_hosts and rebooted and swlist -l depot now points to the correct location.
-
Sean McConkey_5
Advisor

Closed.
-
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

You must unregister the old path and register the new one.

swreg -l depot -u /var/opt/ignite/depots/Rel_B.11.31/0308

swreg -l depot /var/opt/ignite/depots/Rel_B.11.31/Version_3

This does not affect the contents of the depot directory at all; it only updates swagent's list of known, potentially remotely-accessible depots.

When you create a depot using swcopy, the registration step is usually done automatically. But if you move the depot directories around, you must take care of updating the paths with swreg if you want the depots to be accessible by swinstall from other hosts.

MK
MK