108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NFS : Too many levels of remote in path

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jose Javier Sianes Ruiz
Frequent Advisor

NFS : Too many levels of remote in path

Im trying to configure a HP-UX 11i system like Ignite-UX server. To storage clients tar files with the vg00 image (over 2GB per server), I'm trying to use an NFS nas server with an exported filesystem of 400GB. Problem is that Ignite-UX server try to export via NFS the same directory mounted via NFS for clients, giving a 'Too many levels of remote in path'. How can a make it works? . The filesystem mounted in Ignite-UX server via NFS is /var/opt/ignite/recovery , server can't export /var/opt/ignite/recovery/client path for client machine to perform a make_net_recovery.
6 REPLIES 6
RolandH
Honored Contributor

You can try to use this to do you Network Recovery on your clients.

# make_net_recovery -s -a :/var/opt/ignite/recovery -n .gz

Then all is stored directly to your NAS System.

Roland
Sometimes you lose and sometimes the others win
Jose Javier Sianes Ruiz
Frequent Advisor

This will works too when I try to restore a backup on a client, or maybe same error could happend?
RolandH
Honored Contributor

This will also work for your recovery.

See in your /var/opt/ignite/clients//recovery/latest
in the file achive_cfg you will see that your NAS system is given as source for your archive. The name of the archive is the name that you had given as you make recovery archive.

Roland
Jose Javier Sianes Ruiz
Frequent Advisor

One thing more, in make_net_recovery manpage -n option is described like the number of archives for recovery image, so what .gz means?
RolandH
Honored Contributor
Solution

Sorry my fault. You are right. The -n option are the numbers. The archiv gets automatically a name with date and time.

Like this : 2005-05-23,12:48
So what I have done is to create a subdir in the /var/opt/ignite/recovery directory that is called like the client. and the I give this directory in the make_net_recovery command as place to store the archive. Otherwise you have a lot of archives of many different systems in the same directory.
One important thing is, if you create the subdir you must change the owner to bin:bin and the permissions to 755. Then everthing will work fine.

That is the command I do my make_net_recovery

make_net_recovery -s -a :/var/opt/ignite/recovery/ -x inc_entire=vg00 -v

Roland
Jose Javier Sianes Ruiz
Frequent Advisor

Your solutions works out of the box. Thanks for all.