1748204 Members
3926 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Ignite Restore - Hangs

Wilder Mellotto
Frequent Advisor

Network Ignite Restore - Hangs

I have one Ignite UX Server and 3 clients. I was able to successfuly restore 2 clients and on the 3rd one I'm facing a hang with this message:

Fri Nov 24 19:41:35 EST 2017: Starting archive load of the source (PROD3).

When the other 2 clients showed that message, a sequence of 10%, 20% etc appeared in less than 2 minutes and the process continued all the way and finished ok, but this 3rd client starts the process and keep showing like the other two clients and does not show any error or alert, no error message, just stays hanged when the load begins.

Please, can anyone tell me if this is easy to correct?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Check the Ignite server syslog.log file for possible disk or NFS error messages.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Wilder Mellotto
Frequent Advisor

I have succeeded in restoring the image but I will be honest, I really can not understand what really happened, I will tell you how the solution appeared.

As the other images from other servers were restored within 20 minutes, I expected a similar time on that last server but that was not the case. After I had made a frustrated series of unsuccessful attempts, I had started a restore that did not show progress and began to talk to my management to detail the procedures, with this occurring after a long 3 hours on the same screen of the message "loading" by a surprise, the image began to be transferred, indicating the progression of the percentages and transferred all the contents near the 25 minutes.

When the restore is finished, I have performed a series of network communication tests that have not failed at any time, so I said that I did not understand what happened and if anyone has any information, I'm interested in having some possible explanation, since in no log file on the server ignites has evidence of failure.

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, the Ignite restore code is memory resident with almost no diagnostics, especially during the transition between iTool (the restore menu) and the NFS archive restore. I have seen this before and it was traced to oscure gateway/router configs. This caused the low level code to retry something for more than an hour before giving up and continuing. The exact cause was never discovered as the solution was to move to another network for the restore.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin