108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Not able to add ignite Client

suvy12
Frequent Advisor

Not able to add ignite Client

I got an error everytime i try to add ignite client

bash-3.00# add_new_client -s sas-ncdn -R B.11.31

ERROR:   Cannot retrieve Ignite-UX version from server "172.22.7.181".
ERROR:   Unable to determine the version of recovery tools on
         server: "172.22.7.181".
/opt/ignite/lbin/update_tools failed to validate the recovery tools version using "172.22.7.181" as the Ignite-UX Server

bash-3.00# swlist -l depot -s sas-ncdn

# Initializing...
# Target "172.22.7.181" has the following depot(s):
  /var/opt/mx/depot11
  /var/tmp/amdin2/depot
  /test1
  /tmp/amdin2/depot
  /tmp/depot
  /tmp/pat/depot
  /var/tmp/ignite/Ignite-UX-11-ALL_C.7.12.519.depot
  /var/tmp/ignite/Ignite-UX-11.11_C.7.12.519_HP-UX_B.11.00_32_64.depot
  /var/tmp/ignite/Ignite-UX-11.23_C.7.12.519_HP-UX_B.11.00_32_64.depot
  /var/tmp/ignite/Ignite-UX-11.31_C.7.12.519_HP-UX_B.11.00_32_64.depot
  /var/opt/ignite/depots/recovery_cmds
  /var/tmp/NetWorker.pkg
  /var/tmp/nwclient

Please let us know if anyting i missing in adding the client.

4 REPLIES 4
pradeep m
Respected Contributor

Re: Not able to add ignite Client

Hi,

I presume that you are running this "add_new_client" from the Ignite-UX client system. 

You might face this issue due to missing Ignite-UX Installation utilities in the Ignite-UX server.

Make sure you have the complete Ignite-UX software bundle including the 11.11, 11.23 , 11.31 installation utilities installed on the Ignite-UX server.

Run the swlist command in the Ignite-UX server to verify it.

Example: 

# swlist | grep -i ignite

IGNITE C.7.11.444 HP-UX Installation Utilities (Ignite-UX)

Ignite-UX-11-11 C.7.11.444 HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.11 Systems

Ignite-UX-11-23 C.7.11.444 HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.23 Systems

Ignite-UX-11-31 C.7.11.444 HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.31 Systems

If your Ignite-UX server is running HP-UX11.23 and if you try to recover or add a client running HP-UX 11.31, you would need to have the "HP-UX Installation Utilities for Installing 11.31 Systems" installed on the Ignite-UX server. Without this the recovery would fail. 

Once you have the all above mentioned Ignite-UX bundle installed, you can add the client from the Ignite-UX server.

From the Ignite-UX Server,

Start Ignite TUI or GUI -> Go to Actions Menu --> choose "Add a new Client for Recovery" --> follow the instructions to complete the addition.

Please refer the HP Ignite-UX Guided Troublehooting for step by step instructions on most common Ignite-UX configuration and troubleshooting.

Click here to view HP Ignite-UX Guided Troubleshooting

Hope this helps.. 

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>swlist -l depot -s sas-ncdn

This just shows what depots are on that machine.  Have you installed all of them on your ignite server?

Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

If you get this message:

ERROR:   Unable to determine the version of recovery tools on
         server: "172.22.7.181".
/opt/ignite/lbin/update_tools failed to validate the recovery tools version using "172.22.7.181" as the Ignite-UX Server

You do not allow:

1. tftp access to allow the script to get the /opt/ignite/Version to to determine the Ignite version on the Ignite server, and

2. swlist access so swlist cannot be ran to allow the system to determine the version of Ignite from the swlist output.

Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

P.S. add_new_client is a script. You can read it and look at it yourself to see the conditions under which the error is generated.