1752337 Members
5514 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Printing Manifest in Ignite

Tech Dept
Occasional Advisor

Printing Manifest in Ignite

I am running an 11i ignite server. Does anyone know a way to automatically print the clients manifest on a local printer? I know you can go into Ignite and there is a "Print" Button in the Manifest window. I was looking for a way to do it automatically.

Thanx

dude
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

What do you mean "do it automatically"?

You can do from the command line:

# /opt/ignite/bin/print_manifest | lp -dprintername

Tech Dept
Occasional Advisor

We load multiple 9000 servers and workstations. It would be a little time consuming to go to each client ot the ignite server and manually print the manifest for each machine. I was hoping there was a way to tell the Ignite server "When the client is finised loading, print the manifest for that client on local printer"
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

You could script it and have it print to the default printer after it completes. This is assuming that the default printer is the local printer you are referring to.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

This is a network or tape install?

In the 'Advanced Installation' proceedure a second 'Advanced' tab exists for post exec scripts, AKA post config scripts. If your printers are up after an O/S install the add your command there, or just save it to a file.

/opt/ignite/bin/print_manifest > /tmp/file 2>&1
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Tech Dept
Occasional Advisor

This is a network installation. We are a HP reseller, so I might have 10 systems loading at once. I do not have the printer configured in these systems when they are finished reloading because once they are finished, they are out the door. I would have to un-configure the printer on every system and that would take too much time.