New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem loading archive

Jasmin Berube
Advisor

Problem loading archive

I got this message from the install.log:

* NFS mounting clients directory.
* Using client directory: /var/opt/ignite/clients/0x00306E21EE05
* Checking configuration for consistency...
NOTE: Cannot access file:
/var/opt/ignite/clients/0x00306E21EE05/config: - ignoring

WARNING: Free space (480749KB) in "/var" where /var/adm/crash is located is less than 25% of system memory (2097152KB). This will likely result in an inability to capture a single selective compressed dump in the event of a system crash. Additional space will be required to uncompress the dump in order to analyze it and to save multiple dumps.
You can increase the size of the "/var" volume on the "File System" tab when using the advanced user interface.

My exports on the server are fine, tested on another workstation, files are accessible. It funny because the new workstation is creating the links and files in /var/opt/ignite/clients. Same thing for the file system exported for the archive itself, working fine on another workstation.

Any idea?
2 REPLIES 2
Jasmin Berube
Advisor

I forgot to say that all the mini-system is installed after those message and the problem accur after message below:

x ./configure3, 421888 bytes, 824 tape blocks
x ./monitor_bpr, 20480 bytes, 40 tape blocks

* Download_mini-system: Complete
* Loading_software: Begin
* Installing boot area on disk.
* Enabling swap areas.
* Backing up LVM configuration for "vg00".
* Processing the archive source (HP-UX Core Operating System Archives).
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Jasmin,

These are normal Ignite "squawks" that we see all the time. The latter is simply pointing out to you that IF you intend to use the /var FS for dump that it's not big enough. We don't. We create a separate FS for dumps & link it to /var/adm/crash.

Have you proceeded on past these to see if Ignite can complete the task?

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!