Operating System - HP-UX
1752577 Members
5556 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Procedure to build a server from ignite image????

ln_unix
Frequent Advisor

Procedure to build a server from ignite image????

Hello All,

Need your help as ever ....

I want to know the procedure to build server from ignite image.

Coul any one please help me out by giving step by step procedure to build a server using ignite image.

Thanks
LN
2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Procedure to build a server from ignite image????

Restore an image to the server where it was running before? Or a different server? Using golden images?

More:

http://www.hp.com/go/ignite-UX

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
R.O.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Procedure to build a server from ignite image????

Hi,

You need to reboot the system and stop the startup. Then you have to search your boot device. If you want to install the server from an ignite tape, you must search for the tape device and boot from it. A mneu will appear and you have to choose "HP-UX Install" and "advanced installation". Then a Menu like the one you get in a normal installation will appear, and you have to change the information for your new system (hostname, IP, add/resize logical volumes if you want, etc).
When you have all the information entered, hit "go" and the system installation will begin. After two reboots, you'll have your new system ready.
For more accurate information and steps, I suggest to you to get the Ignite manuals from HP:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodClassId=10008&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=64255&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=4077173

Regards,
"When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you"