New Discussion

Restore from make_net_recovery image

SOLVED
Go to solution
chindi
Respected Contributor

Restore from make_net_recovery image

Hi ,

We have configured ignite server 11.23 and have taken a successful image backup of one of our 11.23 host .

Now if we have to restore that image , back in to same client from ignite server , is there anything special that needs to be taken into consideration .

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Restore from make_net_recovery image

Itanium (rx...) or RISC (rp...) based system?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
chindi
Respected Contributor

Hi ,

Its itanium.

Also is it necessary that i need to create archive on ignite server with /var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/hostname as path ony ?

Can't i create a separate dumping space say /ignite and start my ignite backup image on it from client side  ?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Go into EFI and boot the system from ignite:

EFI> dbprofile -dn testprofile -sip 192.1.2.1 -cip \
192.1.1.20 -gip 192.1.1.1 -m 255.255.255.0 -b \
"/opt/ignite/boot/nbp.efi"

-sip : Server IP
-cip : Client IP
-gip : Gateway IP
-m   : Mask

EFI> lanboot select -dn testprofile

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
chindi
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the restore option.

Also is it necessary that i need to create archive on ignite server with /var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/hostname as path ony ?

Can't i create a separate dumping space say /ignite and start my ignite backup image on it from client side  ?

sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

Hi Chindi.

I've never tried it, but You can probably do it, need to make Ignite-UX on the Ignite server be aware of the same. the directory where you are taking the client backup in the IUX server I assume that you have exported to client with the standard requirements regarding NFS permissions for Ignite/IUX for the client.

when the client is backed up and registered to the ignite/UX server, and a backup is taken using make_net_recovery you surely specify the Ignite server address with -s and directory on Ignite server using the -a option.

The destination for the archive as specified by -a in make_net_recovery is recorded in the archive configuration file for the client under /var/opt/ignite/clients/<client_name>/recovery/archives /archive_cfg , you can cat open this file and see the same. It also has the ignite server address where the client has taken the backup.

Suggest You to have a look on latest Ignite-UX admin guide and Ignite-UX FAQ on HP docs website for Ignite/UX,

Also please note that the archive_cfg is also mentioned in the client recovery INDEX file at /var/opt/ignite/clients/<Client>/recovery/CINDEX.