4649 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Save_config not responding

Shrikant Lavhate
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Save_config not responding

Hasan,

I already mentioned in this thread that all lvm commands are running smoothly. I chked now also and found no problem in lvdisplay of every lvol in vg00.
Will it remain a personal, if I broadcast it here!
Hasan  Atasoy
Honored Contributor

hi ;

did you notice any format differences in lvdisplay output ?

Hasan.
Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

The line:

+ process_lvm_volume_group vg00

is a function call to a function called process_lvm_volume_group. The posix shell does not keep set -x active through a function call. You might consider placing set -x at the start of the function call and see where it stops in that function.

If save_config has stopped when it has ran the get_system_info command run save_config as follows:

# tusc -kpaEef -o (output file) \
/opt/ignite/bin/save_config vg00

Note that the output file produced will probably be quite large.

More than likely you have a disk LUN presented to the system that responds to SCSI inquiry commands but does not respond if you attempt to open a read it. Your only choice will be to unpresent the LUN.

Look for the syscall entry that never returns (may take a while but will be towards the end) and if it's a read system call track back the fd to where it was opened and get the name of the device.

Good Luck.
Shrikant Lavhate
Esteemed Contributor

Shane ,

Thanks for the reply. Your command still dont yeild any new things.. same things happening and we dont have any LUN kinda stuff on our server.

Hasan,
There are no such remarkeble odd things in lvdislpay too..!!

Any more suggestions???
Shrikant Lavhate
Esteemed Contributor

Shane,

I checked out file and got execution is stucking at this line:

[13691] lseek64(5, 8192, 0, SEEK_SET, 0) .............................................................................. = 8192
[13691] read(5, 0x7f7f1040, 8192) ..................................................................................... [entry]

any clue??
Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

Track back the open system call that returns file descriptor 5 to get the name of the file that was opened that read ended up hanging on and you have your device that is causing the hang.
Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

Track back the open system call that returns file descriptor 5 to get the name of the file that was opened that read ended up hanging on and you have your device that is causing the hang.

If it's a FIFO instead of a device find out what process has the other end of the fifo and what it is doing.
Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

The only other advice I'd have would be if you're not sure what you're looking for open a support call.

Someone within HP will then look at the tusc trace. You may also be asked for a debug run of save_config:

# export INST_DEBUG=5
# script
# save_config ...
# exit

The file created is called typescript in the current working directory (look at the script manual page for information on how to change the name). Provide that file to HP and there is another file you should provide: /tmp/*listener.log if it contains anything.