108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Seagate ST32151N boot disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
ismanto
Occasional Contributor

Seagate ST32151N boot disk

I have installed HP-UX 9.05 on HP748i with SCSI ST-32151-N (SCSI ID:6), but I can not make it as boot disk. How to make it as boot disk?
4 REPLIES 4
Tim Adamson_1
Honored Contributor

9.05? Wow, that is ancient.

Perhaps the size of the disk was not supported back then. I don't have any manuals to check.

Tim

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Con O'Kelly
Honored Contributor

Hi

Following on from Tim's point I would advise that you install 11.x or 11i on this system. The 748 workstation supports 11.x.
9.05 is completely unsupported now & will make your life very difficult in the future, even if you were to get it working.

Cheers
Con
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Seeing the disk is so small, even if you do get your hands on some 11.x media, you will only be able to install a minimal OS anyway. 11.x is far bigger than any of the 9.x offerings.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Robert Krebs
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I've used HP-UX 9.05 on an HP-743 with the ST-32151. Building a new bootable disk was done from Support Tape using the following steps:
- Interrupt boot sequence to change boot device to tape.
- From ISL prompt load "support" and then "recoversl"
- Exit to shell and run recoversl
- Reply to prompts from recoversl to build file system on system disk and restore remainder of system from tape.
- Reboot system and "Bob's your uncle"!

Hope this helps. Have a grand day!
Admission of wrongdoing is not an admission of weakness, but a sign of strength - Author Unknown