Ignite-UX

Should I remove old bundles before adding updated ones ?!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Juha Eklund_1
Advisor

Should I remove old bundles before adding updated ones ?!

Howdy,
I received new Support Plus CD and I would like to replace updated bundles in depots .. Should I first remove the old one's ( like HWEnable11i,DIADNOSTICS,GOLDAPPS, GOLDBASE,..) before adding the new versions or should make_depots and make_config do it automatically for me ?!?!

-- Juha --
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Should I remove old bundles before adding updated ones ?!

No, definitely not!

If your worried about space, do the analysis before proceeding to the actual installation.

For cleaning up, always use the 'cleanup' command.

See the 'cleanup' man page for details. There is also a preview options that can be used as well.
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

Juha,
It is not necessary.. you can simply go ahead and install the new support plus CD. "SWINSTALL" will take care of everything.

If you have Ignite Server and want to distribute to no. of other system then make_depot and make_config are the best option to do. But then replace the earlier cfg file entry in INDEX file with the new cfg file that will get created with make_config command.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
You need to know a lot to actually know how little you know
Juha Eklund_1
Advisor

Thanks for quick replies gentlemen !!!

I have always thought that make_depot & make_config take care of the manage_index stuff, I checked the output of the make_config and in the end of the log file it says the following:

Now processing:
source_depot = /var/opt/ignite/depots/Rel_B.11.11/core
config_file = /var/opt/ignite/data/Rel_B.11.11/core_cfg
machine type = any
add to INDEX files for release = B.11.11

so it seems to manage the index part also ?!

-- Juha --