Strange Ignite behaviour

paul vail_1
Occasional Advisor

Strange Ignite behaviour

Im trying to run an Ignite build on a Superdome NPAR, However everytime i begin the build the ignite server assigns a temporary IP that is already being used by a Production Serviceguard Cluster (Cluster then falls over!)

I have added a free IP address in the instl_boottab file so i can't understand where it getting this Cluster IP from.

The only reference i can find to the Clusters IP is in the hosts file. The Ignite servers not setup to use DHCP so i can't figure out whats going on..

Does anybody have any idea's where to look? I can't retry the build until i have an answer..

Ignite version is 5.3.35.
3 REPLIES 3
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Re: Strange Ignite behaviour

paul vail_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the links.

As far as i can see, everything is correctly configured.

Here is the contents of my instl_boottab :-
10.9.8.187:0x00306E3820AB:20061214123544:

From what i understand this IP was last assigned at 12:35 today (The last time i ran boot lan. install)

At what point would this IP become active?(I cant ping at the moment), The server is currently on the 'Welcome to Ignite-UX!' screen.

I would like to continue with the build but the only change i have made since my last attempt was to remove the cluster IP entries from the hosts table. I can't see how this would resolve this issue.
Yarek
Regular Advisor

In /etc/opt/ignite/instl_boottab file you can define which IP address should be assigned to which lan card (IP address:MAC address pair).

I suppose, you were trying to use the ip address which was alreade assigned to your Production SG Cluster