New Discussion юеВ

The make_net_recovery process

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeff Gyurko
Frequent Advisor

The make_net_recovery process

Greetings all,

Can anyone tell me what the protocol is that's used when the make_net_recovery process is in the "checking versions of recovery tools" stage.

My archive creation is failing and I'm not sure why. I can get passed the nfs mount because I see it mounted. I can remsh between the server/client and client/server without asking for passwords. All I'm getting is "connection to the server:servername failed. This is 11.0 on both ends, same version (B.3.6.82). When I run the command on the client, it actually creates the client directory on the server so it does talk to a degree. I just don't know what it's trying to do on the "cecking versions..." steps.

5 REPLIES 5
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

Re: The make_net_recovery process

On the system where you ran the process, see what the last few lines of this file are:

/var/opt/ignite/clients/0x{LLA}/recovery/client_status

(where 0x{LLA} is the LAN address of the client system, in hex)

HTH
mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later
Jeff Gyurko
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, but there is no useful information in there.
Sajid_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

hello,

One quick try: Make sure that the tftp service is enabled in /etc/services and inetd.conf files. If not add it and restart the inetd daemon.

hth
learn unix ..
Sajid_1
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

The reason why I said that, Ignite will try to check the version of Net recovery tools using the 'tftp' service and will error out if it can't get those details.

rgds,
learn unix ..
Jeff Gyurko
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Sajid. That's what I was looking for. Although tftp was in /etc/services, your comment made me look at it more closely. I needed to define it a bit better and It went right past the version checks...Thanks.