New Discussion юеВ

Re: Update latest patch bundle on an existing Ignite image from media

SOLVED
Go to solution
OscarL
Occasional Contributor

Update latest patch bundle on an existing Ignite image from media

Hi all,

I have to install 11.23 on several PA-RISC servers (different hardware). What I have is June 2007 media and the latest patch bundles downloaded from the itrc.

What would be the best way to setup the depots and the config files on my Ignite server to have an up-to-date image that I can easily use on my servers? The idea would be to make as easy as possible to update the image every time hp releases a new patch bundle.

Thanks all
-Oscar
2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

I assume you copied the install media to a depot for ignite based installations.

Just swcopy the patch bundle to this depot and remove the previous bundles (swremove - change target to this depot!).

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
OscarL
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Torsten,

You assume correct. It is for Ignite-based installations and your indications guided me on the right direction. It is working now.

Is there any other way to do it, thouhg? I wouldn't like to swremove anything from the original depot I created out of the media. I was expecting more on make a separate config file for every patch bundle, append them to the INDEX and modify "something" that makes it work.

Best regards,
OscarL