108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade an Ignite Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Carlos Andres Mu├▒oz
Occasional Contributor

Upgrade an Ignite Server

Hi Guys, My Question it's simple, but i'm not sure about that, i have an Ignite Server with Ignite-UX C.6.2.241 and i want to upgrade the software to the last version (Ignite-UX C.7.3.148), this require a machine reboot??
Can I do an Ignite from himself (an ignite from the ignite server), of i require another ignite server to backup the "real" ignite server??
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
S.Rider
Regular Advisor
Solution

Upgrading your Ignite software does NOT require a server reboot. I understand it's possible (but not supported) for an Ignite server to be an Ignite client of itself. We have multiple Ignite servers here so I haven't actually tested that in action.
Ride Boldly Ride, but watch out for El Dorado's
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The problem is this:

if you backup the server to itself and you need to restore the backup because ignite is not working - how to proceed?

You can use another server as your ignite server and store the image there, you can create a DVD with that image or you can backup to tape.
Consider this.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

Upgrading the ignite server version does not require a reboot.

You can uninstall the new version if you have a problem an dput the old version backup.

other suggetion is take a tape recovery of this ignite server and use them if you have a real problem.(instead of backing up /var/opt/ignite, /etc/opt/ignite and /opt/ignite)

i use C.7.1.93 and so no comments about the Ignite-UX C.7.3.148.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

You *may* be able to make an Ignite network backup of the Ignite server to itself, but how are you going to *restore* that backup if necessary?

If you don't have another Ignite server, use make_tape_recovery to create a tape backup of the Ignite server.

MK
MK
Carlos Andres Mu├▒oz
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answers, one last question, can i upgrade Ignite Software from the ignite server???, thanks for your attention
Carlos Andres Mu├▒oz
Occasional Contributor

Well , i mean, upgrade the Client Ignite Software form the Client Ignite Server???

Thanks
Carlos Andres Mu├▒oz
Occasional Contributor

I configure another Ignite Server and i can solve the issue, thanks guys for your comments