Operating System - HP-UX
1753819 Members
8776 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Use Ignite-UX for unattended Integrity load?

Todd Derby

Use Ignite-UX for unattended Integrity load?

Hello,
I am wondering if I can use Ignite as part of an unattended HP-UX install on Integrity servers.
I currently build Win 2k3 on Proliant servers by booting from a USB stick (2GB) which carries all the Windows binaries and the scripts to do the install. The tech only has to answer a few questions, and then the OS is installed fully automated.
Can I use Ignite to do the same for HP-UX on Integrity?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

Yes, Ignite can do that kind of install.

Start with some reading in the Ignite Admin Guide here:
http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5992-5309/ch13.html
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Definitely.

Once booted from the Ignite server you will have some choices. Install from media, install from copy of media on Ignite server or install of archive ( can be used for cloning ).

You may have to answer a couple of config questions as the default is interactive installation. Should be able to auto install by modifying the Ignite configs (have not done this one myself). I use a type of pre-configured golden images to deploy my new environments ).

Start reading the Ignite User Guide and come back with questions if you have any.

T.

Jamie A Dennis
Frequent Advisor

I've actually done what Tim suggested, using saved config files to preload my OS using a golden image with filesystem customization, swap space preconfigured, DNS preconfigured, and some scripting. Pretty slick once you figure out where Ignite expects things to be and configure appropriately.
"If hindsight is 20/20, why don't more people use their rearview mirrors?" - James (Jamie) A. Dennis, 1998