Ignite-UX

Using Ignite on a system with Secure path installed

J. Martens

Using Ignite on a system with Secure path installed

Hello,

In the Secure path 3.0E release notes I found:
Ignite-UX software does not support Secure Path V3.0E for the following reasons:
1. When Secure Path V3.0E is installed on a system, the hardware addresses of
all EVA disk LUNs change. During the recovery process, importing LVM
volume groups existing on the EVA array may fail.
2. If the boot disk resides on an EVA array, the system will fail to boot due to an
LVM configuration failure panic.
3. Secure Path V3.0E is not included in the installation kernel and is not part of
the core HP-UX Operating System.

Are the above reasons when installing a system form an Ignite server or also when installing from a tape (created with make_tape_recovery on the same system)?

Any hints/tips on using Ignite on systems with Secure path installed?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Jack Martens
3 REPLIES 3
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Re: Using Ignite on a system with Secure path installed

Hi,

Since it says that secure path is not supported, i would assume that the support is not there even if the ignite restore is from a tape archive created using make_tape_recovery.

Hope this helps.

Regds
J. Martens

Hello,

What is the procedure then when the customer needs to recover a system with ignite? Does it still make sence to create an make_tape_recovery tape on a regular base?

Regards,

Jack Martens
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

I recall I was able to recover both my make_tape_recovery and make_net_recovery Ignite-UX archives. You will just have to o through that step in the installation wherein you need to boot into LVM maintenance mode the 1st reboot after the restore and "correct" the LVM problem.

If you are running VxVM - I suppose you will not be in the same problem as LVM.

Hakuna Matata.