4936 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: WARNING: Target is a remote filesystem

Mark Robins
Occasional Advisor

WARNING: Target is a remote filesystem

Hi

Since upgrading to Ignite C.6.3.324 (on HP-UX 11.11) an existing Ignite job has changed from completing with a return code or 0 to a return code of 2. I believe the reason is the following warning message in the recovery.log:

WARNING: The target ('/oracle/utility/filename') is a remote filesystem. You may not be able to recover it if the remote server is down.

The actual mountpoint on looks like this:

bdf /oracle/utility
server:/oranfs/utility 10000 5000 5000 50% /oracle/utility

I know that /oracle/utility is an NFS directory, and have tried to exclude it (using -x /oracle/utility), but I still get the warning. I also tried -x /oranfs/utility but that then said "WARNING: File '/oracle/utility' in archive_content list not found"

Any ideas how I can suppress the warning to get a return code 0 ?
8 REPLIES 8
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Mark,

The syntax to exclude is "-x exclude=file|dir". If you are using the syntax as you wrote it, it won't work.

Pete

Pete
Mark Robins
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, the full command I am using is:

/opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -Iv -Ps -a /dev/dlt1n -t "IGNITE:server Fri Sep 29 10:19:46 BST 2006" -x inc_entire=vg00 -x exclude=/var/adm/crash -x exclude=/var/opt/perf/datafiles -x exclude=/tmp -x exclude=/data/ctrl -x exclude=/oracle/8.1.7 -x exclude=/oracle/8.1.7 .4 -x exclude=/oracle/10.2.0 -x exclude=/oracle/9.2 -x exclude=/batch -x exclude=/oracle/utility
IT_2007
Honored Contributor

Include -A option in the command like

make_tape_recovery -A ..... and so on.
Mark Robins
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I have tried adding the -A option, the command is now:

/opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -A -Iv -Ps -a /dev/dlt1n -t "IGNITE:server Fri Sep 29 14:38:19 BST 2006" -x inc_entire=vg00 - exclude=/var/adm/crash -x exclude=/var/opt/perf/datafiles -x exclude=/tmp -x exclude=/data/ctrl -x exclude=/oracle/8.1.7 -x exclude=/oracle/8.1.7.4 -x exclude=/oracle/10.2.0 -x exclude=/oracle /9.2 -x exclude=/batch ├в x exclude=/oracle/utility

But I still get this error in stdout:

WARNING: list_expander returned a warning; please check the recovery.log file for details.

Then looking in recovery log:

/var/opt/ignite/recovery/2006-09-29,14:38 # more recovery.log

├в ┬ж├в ┬ж

* Creating Archive File List

WARNING: The target ('/oracle/utility/csv2xls') is a remote filesystem. You may not be able to recover it if the remote server is down.

WARNING: list_expander returned a warning; please check the recovery.log file for details.

We were on B.4.4.30 of Ignite before and didn't get this ?
IT_2007
Honored Contributor

can you run list_expander manually and see if you see any errors or not.
Mark Robins
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunatley I get the same error from list_expander...

wlux02 /opt/ignite/lbinpa # ./list_expander >/tmp/file
WARNING: The target '/oracle/utility/csv2xls') is a remote filesystem. You may not be able to recover it if the remote server is down.

wlux02 /opt/ignite/lbinpa # grep oracle\/utility /tmp/file

oracle/utility

wlux02 /opt/ignite/lbinpa #

So just the directory is listed, not any files within it.
Mark Robins
Occasional Advisor

It's OK thanks. I appear to have resolved it. There was something strange about file /oracle/utility/csv2xls.

A "ls -b" showed there were no strange characters in the filename, but I moved it to /tmp and list_expander worked. Moved the file back and list expander failed again. I have now renamed the file csv2xls.old and list expander works.

Thanks for your time.
Mark Robins
Occasional Advisor

Renamed the file called 'csv2xls', which although on an excluded (NFS) directory, seemed to be causing the problem.