Operating System - HP-UX
1753675 Members
4957 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Where to download older versions of Ignite-UX (IGNITE C.7.20.450)

SOLVED
Go to solution
3r
Frequent Advisor

Where to download older versions of Ignite-UX (IGNITE C.7.20.450)

Hi Experts,

I'm looking for C.7.20.450     HP-UX Installation Utilities (Ignite-UX) for hpux 11.31, software depot is just showing the latest version which is incompatible with my current ignite server. Hope someone can share some frp link or other source where to download older versions. Thank you in advance.

Accept or Kudo

6 REPLIES 6
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: Where to download older versions of Ignite-UX (IGNITE C.7.20.450)

HPE doesn't provide older versions of Ignite. It is more than 20 years old with dozens of revisions. Good sysadmin practice is to update your Ignite server at least yearly and use the -u option for all your clients. when running make_net_recovery. The -u option will update your clients automatically.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
3r
Frequent Advisor

Hi Bill,

The challenge here is that the Ignite-UX Server is the one with the older version, thus I cannot update the server since its already in production. I intend to perform a ignite backup of my client server before performing updateUX scenario.

* Checking Versions of Recovery Tools

ERROR:   The version of the tools used for system recovery on "fr70vhvmh002" is newer than the version found on the server system "frmrs081".  You need to either

update the version of Ignite-UX on the server or down-date the version on "fr70vhvmh002"

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Why not upgrade the version on your server (and all clients automatically)?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Upgrading your server is quite easy. No reboot required. Then change your make_net_recovery command on all your clients to use the -u option.. The upgrade will not affect any of your previous backups.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
3r
Frequent Advisor

Hi Bill,

I dont manage the server as it is already in prodution, I manage only the client side which is a new build server thus I dont have a say in upgrading the ignite version to the server.

Accept or Kudo

3r
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi Bill,

Found a lower version of ignite depot in the server, and so I used that. The issue is now resolved. Thank you for the time in checking my concern.

Accept or Kudo