Operating System - HP-UX
1748230 Members
4209 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Where to download the latest Ignite v3.7.96?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Elli Wang
Advisor

Where to download the latest Ignite v3.7.96?

Hi, There:
There is a HP document states that the latest Ignite is v3.7.96 and it can be download from the software depot web site. However, after I downloaded from the web site, it is still v3.6.82.
Does any one know where can I download latest Ignite?

Thanks,
Elli
10 REPLIES 10
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Where to download the latest Ignite v3.7.96?

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Sorry, that was supposed to be:
http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html

or is that where you got the previous from?

Pete

Pete
Elli Wang
Advisor

Pete,
Thanks for your reply. Yeah! That's where I downloaded from. Even on the web page it still says V3.6. Guess they did not update the web site yet. The doc that I refer to is dated July 11.

Elli
erics_1
Honored Contributor

Elli,

I have sent a request to the software.hp.com support team as to when the newest Ignite version will be available on the site. I will update this thread when I get an update.

Regards,
Eric
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Elli:

I've encountered this a couple of times myself. That is, seen an announcment for an updated version, only to find that the Ignite web site is still offering the older version. If you wait 2-3 days, I think you will find that the new software becomes available.

Regards!

...JRF...
Martin Burnett_2
Trusted Contributor

Hello Elli,

Version B.3.7.96 was supposed to be released already on the web as you stated, however a minor issue was found with the make_recovery and make_tape_recovery commands and the release was put on hold.

The version has been released on the quarterly update CDs for June 2002. The problem exists on these CDs as well:

HP-UX 11.0 & 11i June 2002 Ignite-UX make_recovery and make_tape_recovery commands do not function correctly

This bulletin applies to HP customers who, according to our records, have received, or who are now receiving the following HP-UX 11.0 or11i CDs:

?? HP-UX 11.0 Application Release ??? June 2002 [CD part # 5012-0088 ??? 2nd of 4 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i Application Release ??? June 2002 [CD part # 5012-0091 ??? 1st of 4 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i OE ??? June 2002 [CD part # B3920-14062 ??? 1st of 2 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i TCOE ??? June 2002 [CD part # B6821-10016 ??? 1st of 2 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i MTOE ??? June 2002 [CD part # B6845-10011 ??? 1st of 2 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i Enterprise OE ??? June 2002 [CD part # B7993-10014 ??? 1st of 2 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i Mission Critical OE ??? June 2002 [CD part # B7994-10014 ??? 1st of 2 CDs]

And who have received or are receiving the following HP-UX 11.0 or 11i Ignite-UX product on the above CDs:

?? Ignite-UX ??? version B.3.7.95 ??? June 2002 [product # B5725AA]

Hewlett-Packard (HP) has identified an issue with several of the HP-UX 11.0 and 11i June 2002 Ignite-UX product commands. The June 2002 Ignite-UX product (version B.3.7.95) commands make_recovery, make_tape_recovery and potentially (depending upon the options used) make_medialif do not function correctly and generate an error similar to the following:

lifcp: Cannot create SYSCMDS ; no space on the LIF volume
make_medialif: error ??? lifcp SYSCMDS failed, probable insufficient size
for /var/tmp/uxinstlf.recovery

This resulted from an increase in the size of the Ignite-UX install kernels, which are used in the building of the LIF volume area used by the Ignite-UX process, and is resolved by increasing the LIF volume area size (LIF - Logical Interchange Format ??? see lif (4) for more information). HP customers who are updating to Ignite-UX version B.3.7.95 from an older version, or who are installing Ignite-UX version B.3.7.95 for the first time, and who will be using the commands noted above will experience this condition.

HP has created patches PHSS_27407 for HP-UX 11.0 and PHSS_27406 for HP-UX 11i to resolve this issue.

Thanks for participating in the forums,

Martin
Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.

Elli Wang
Advisor

Hi Martin:
I thought V3.7.96 is released to fix the problems of make_recovery and make_tape_recovery in V.3.7.95 which is in the June 2002 Applicaitons CD.

Elli
erics_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Elli,

I just received an update from the team that supports the software site. I am told that the updated Ignite product will be available by Wednesday of next week (July 23, '02). I would not be suprised to see it out there Monday or Tuesday though. I'll post this thread when I see it out there.

Best Regards,
Eric
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Just installed the version sent by HP on 5012-8277:

l1:/ 103 # swlist -l product -l subproduct | grep -i igni
# Ignite-UX B.3.7.95 HP-UX System Installation Services
Ignite-UX.Manuals Manual Pages and Documentation
Ignite-UX.MinimumRuntime Minimum Runtime Configuration
Ignite-UX.Runtime Runtime Configuration
PHSS_27407 1.0 Ignite-UX make_medialif patch
l1:/ 104 #

But it still does not support for creating an ISO image. This would be *EXTREMELY* useful for systems that do not have a tape, but *do* have a CD or DVD.

HP: P L E A S E * I M P L E M E N T * T H I S ! ! !
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn