Operating System - HP-UX
1753253 Members
4338 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where to download the latest Ignite v3.7.96?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Elli Wang
Advisor

Where to download the latest Ignite v3.7.96?

Hi, There:
There is a HP document states that the latest Ignite is v3.7.96 and it can be download from the software depot web site. However, after I downloaded from the web site, it is still v3.6.82.
Does any one know where can I download latest Ignite?

Thanks,
Elli
10 REPLIES 10
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Sorry, that was supposed to be:
http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html

or is that where you got the previous from?

Pete

Pete
Elli Wang
Advisor

Pete,
Thanks for your reply. Yeah! That's where I downloaded from. Even on the web page it still says V3.6. Guess they did not update the web site yet. The doc that I refer to is dated July 11.

Elli
erics_1
Honored Contributor

Elli,

I have sent a request to the software.hp.com support team as to when the newest Ignite version will be available on the site. I will update this thread when I get an update.

Regards,
Eric
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Elli:

I've encountered this a couple of times myself. That is, seen an announcment for an updated version, only to find that the Ignite web site is still offering the older version. If you wait 2-3 days, I think you will find that the new software becomes available.

Regards!

...JRF...
Martin Burnett_2
Trusted Contributor

Hello Elli,

Version B.3.7.96 was supposed to be released already on the web as you stated, however a minor issue was found with the make_recovery and make_tape_recovery commands and the release was put on hold.

The version has been released on the quarterly update CDs for June 2002. The problem exists on these CDs as well:

HP-UX 11.0 & 11i June 2002 Ignite-UX make_recovery and make_tape_recovery commands do not function correctly

This bulletin applies to HP customers who, according to our records, have received, or who are now receiving the following HP-UX 11.0 or11i CDs:

?? HP-UX 11.0 Application Release ??? June 2002 [CD part # 5012-0088 ??? 2nd of 4 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i Application Release ??? June 2002 [CD part # 5012-0091 ??? 1st of 4 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i OE ??? June 2002 [CD part # B3920-14062 ??? 1st of 2 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i TCOE ??? June 2002 [CD part # B6821-10016 ??? 1st of 2 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i MTOE ??? June 2002 [CD part # B6845-10011 ??? 1st of 2 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i Enterprise OE ??? June 2002 [CD part # B7993-10014 ??? 1st of 2 CDs]
?? HP-UX 11i Mission Critical OE ??? June 2002 [CD part # B7994-10014 ??? 1st of 2 CDs]

And who have received or are receiving the following HP-UX 11.0 or 11i Ignite-UX product on the above CDs:

?? Ignite-UX ??? version B.3.7.95 ??? June 2002 [product # B5725AA]

Hewlett-Packard (HP) has identified an issue with several of the HP-UX 11.0 and 11i June 2002 Ignite-UX product commands. The June 2002 Ignite-UX product (version B.3.7.95) commands make_recovery, make_tape_recovery and potentially (depending upon the options used) make_medialif do not function correctly and generate an error similar to the following:

lifcp: Cannot create SYSCMDS ; no space on the LIF volume
make_medialif: error ??? lifcp SYSCMDS failed, probable insufficient size
for /var/tmp/uxinstlf.recovery

This resulted from an increase in the size of the Ignite-UX install kernels, which are used in the building of the LIF volume area used by the Ignite-UX process, and is resolved by increasing the LIF volume area size (LIF - Logical Interchange Format ??? see lif (4) for more information). HP customers who are updating to Ignite-UX version B.3.7.95 from an older version, or who are installing Ignite-UX version B.3.7.95 for the first time, and who will be using the commands noted above will experience this condition.

HP has created patches PHSS_27407 for HP-UX 11.0 and PHSS_27406 for HP-UX 11i to resolve this issue.

Thanks for participating in the forums,

Martin
Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.

Elli Wang
Advisor

Hi Martin:
I thought V3.7.96 is released to fix the problems of make_recovery and make_tape_recovery in V.3.7.95 which is in the June 2002 Applicaitons CD.

Elli
erics_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Elli,

I just received an update from the team that supports the software site. I am told that the updated Ignite product will be available by Wednesday of next week (July 23, '02). I would not be suprised to see it out there Monday or Tuesday though. I'll post this thread when I see it out there.

Best Regards,
Eric
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Just installed the version sent by HP on 5012-8277:

l1:/ 103 # swlist -l product -l subproduct | grep -i igni
# Ignite-UX B.3.7.95 HP-UX System Installation Services
Ignite-UX.Manuals Manual Pages and Documentation
Ignite-UX.MinimumRuntime Minimum Runtime Configuration
Ignite-UX.Runtime Runtime Configuration
PHSS_27407 1.0 Ignite-UX make_medialif patch
l1:/ 104 #

But it still does not support for creating an ISO image. This would be *EXTREMELY* useful for systems that do not have a tape, but *do* have a CD or DVD.

HP: P L E A S E * I M P L E M E N T * T H I S ! ! !
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn