108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Will make_recovery work from D220 to D320 server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Debbie Fleith
Regular Advisor

Will make_recovery work from D220 to D320 server

I need to copy the HP-UX 10.20 configuration from an HP D220 to a D230 server and would like to use make_recovery.

The hard disk on the D320 and memory configurations will be larger capacity than the D220, and I'm not sure about what other differences which might cause a problem.

Is there any documentation which shows which servers are compatible with make_recovery?

3 REPLIES 3
Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor
Solution

The big difference between these boxes is the FWD vs SE scsi controllers, but there may be some other hardware differences that may be problematic at well. You could try a make_recovery (it may work), but I would make sure that you are fully prepared to do a full initial install if this fails.
Debbie Fleith
Regular Advisor

Is there any Instant Ignite documentation which shows which servers make_utility would work well with? Or is it the general rule that both servers must have the exact hardware configuration and must be the same HP model?

I think it will work.
We have started, some month ago, an installation process based on make_recovery. We have created a make_recovery tape based on a D230. This tape worked on D,R system and on older system (E), we have to reconfigure the network product (swconfig ...)