108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

bad ignite restoration of 10.20 system

Ryan Hurst
Frequent Advisor

Re: bad ignite restoration of 10.20 system

Ok, I'll try to clarify the situation:

My ignite server is using HPUX 11.00.
I am trying to backup both 11.00 and 10.20 workstations.
I have version B installed on my 11.00 ignite server.
I have the PHCO_25418 pax patch installed on the 11.00 clients.
I have the PHCO_20388 pax patch installed on the 10.20 clients.
Ryan Hurst
Frequent Advisor

Is everyone stumped? I'm still struggling with this... Please, can anyone think of anything else?
Kelli Ward
Trusted Contributor

Hi Ryan,
Just a couple of things to start.

When using an Ignite server, you do not need to have a full version of Ignite installed on the clients. The Ignite server will install a subset of tools it needs to the clients to do the job. If the clients have a full version installed and the subset (or just the full version). Use swremove to remove them. Then reinstall. If the above is true you might have a conflict between the installed version of Ignite and the subset. (or the server and client version, you will need the pax patch installed on the clients)
As mentioned, you shouldn't need version A.
I would recommend removing and reinstalling Ingite on one of the failing clients and regenerating the backup. (To get a fresher start you might even want to consider regenerating the client and removing the old archive.)

Be sure you have a full version of Ignite installed on your server.
It can be found at:
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo.pl?productNumber=IGNITEUXB

Be sure to choose the below product specification.
HP-UX 11.22 All B.11.22 IA/PA

Just to start.
Good luck,
Kel
The more I learn, the more I realize how much more I have to learn. Isn't it GREAT!
Ryan Hurst
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply, Kelli. I've confirmed that the "all" package is installed in the server. The client I am using is a guinea-pig system I set up. The only things installed on it are HPUX 10.20, and the pax patch for 10.20.
Kelli Ward
Trusted Contributor

And the Ignite subset?
Kel
The more I learn, the more I realize how much more I have to learn. Isn't it GREAT!
Kelli Ward
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I made a small mistake in my first reply.

If you have a full set of Ignite and/or a subset of tools, use swremove to get rid of all of them, then use Ignite to regenerate and rebackup the client. (This should reinstall the subset of Ignite tools matched to the version on your Ignite server.)

The warnings in your post most likely refers to an improperly written configuration file which could also indicate a mismatch in Ignite versions.

Let me know how it goes.

HTH,
Kel
Dan DeAmaral

I am having the same problem with a 10.20 client. Was there ever a final solution?