1752646 Members
5691 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: bootsys -a option

Kim Tran_4
Frequent Advisor

bootsys -a option

I'm using Ignite C.6.1.44. I would like to ignite a system automatically using bootsys option -a. It works all the way until system reboots. Then it begins interactively asking for hostname, language, ip address, timezone. Please show me how to avoid interacting with IGNITE server. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Vic S. Kelan
Regular Advisor

To start an automatic, noninteractive installation, use the bootsys command as follows:

bootsys -a -v [-i configuration][-f]client_hostname

-a Specifies an automatic installation.

-v Specifies verbose mode.

-i Specifies a default configuration for installing the client. If not set, the default specified on the Ignite-UX server is used. If an incorrect configuration or one that does not match the last configuration saved for the client is selected and the -f option is not used, an error results.

-f Forces Ignite-UX to disregard and delete the previous configuration information that was saved for a client during the last installation.

Look at this link:
http://www.docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90872/ch07s01.html
Kim Tran_4
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your help. That's what I did and the installation went well until the installation is finished and system has to do the final reboot. At that time, it begins to ask all the setup parameters (hostname, ip address, language, etc). How do I by pass those last steps? Thanks
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

I do not think that you should bypass those quetions. Do you really want to have two servers with the same hostname & ip address on your network ? If you do, your motive maybe different than what I think and without knowing what it is, a different suggestion is almost impossible.

I don't really mean "bypass". What I want is to write these parameters into some config files so that system can automatically retrieve the info. I try with /var/opt/ignite/config.local, but it still does not work. Thanks