3428 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

creation of Ignite server

irshad ali
Frequent Advisor

creation of Ignite server

Hi,

Storage team has given me 260GB space on my server (11.23, IA). I need to create ignite server for my rest 10 servers(11.23, 11.11, 11.31). I have mounted that space with point /var/opt/ignite.
Please guide me how do I created ignite server on this space so that Ignite backup can be taken by this server and ignite image can be put on this server.
Plz help

Regards,
Irshad Ali
2 REPLIES 2
rariasn
Honored Contributor

Re: creation of Ignite server

Hi,

Disk space: An Ignite-UX server might need considerable disk space.

Ignite-UX servers must have at least 2 GB of free disk space available in /opt/ignite to support installation of all HP-UX releases (B.11.11, B.11.23, and B.11.31).

To save space, you can support only those HP-UX releases you plan to install or recover.

Ignite-UX servers might require significant space in /var/opt/ignite to support clients├в systems, store software depots, and save recovery archives. Default HP-UX file system sizes are unlikely to be sufficient for an Ignite-UX server. You should consider the number of client systems you intend to support and the maximum number of recovery archives to be saved for each client.

The size of a recovery archive depends on the content being saved. A recovery archive will normally include at least a full set of HP-UX operating system software.

File system space is needed to hold depots required for installation. You should consider how many different OS releases the server might need to support. Note that you might also want to support different OE versions of each HP-UX revision on your Ignite server, such as the HP-UX 11i v2 September 2004 OE release and the 11i v2 September 2006 OE release, or the 11i v3 Base OE (BOE) and the 11i v3 Virtual Server OE (VSE-OE) of a particular release. Space will also be needed to store additional application and patch depots.

If you use golden images, file system space is needed to hold them. Consider the size and number of images you will require.

rgs,
rariasn
Honored Contributor