New Discussion юеВ

Re: error in flist, make_net_recovery

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gerald Taylor
Frequent Advisor

error in flist, make_net_recovery

Hello Experts,

I am attempting to make a make_net_recovery of a 11.00 system. The command I use is:

/opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -Av -d "localserver Recovery archive 20031203" -a igniteserver:/u01/ignite/localserver -s igniteserver -n 2

I am using ignite B.4.4.30 on both servers. The problem is that I recieve an error when running the command:
WARNING: There was a problem with the list of files/directories to archive.
Input: /var/opt/ignite/recovery/client_mnt/0x00306E0990F7/recovery/2003-12-03,13:49/flist
The following line(s) had too few/incorrect entries in each of them.
Problem lines:
line: 14 opt/perl5/bin
line: 100755 1038344152 1032192 1008

I can log into the ignite server and vi the flist file to find that there is an inadvertant line break after "opt/perl5/bin" that is causing the error. I would like to know if I can supply an flist file to the make_net_recovery or if there is another fix? I have tried the command several times and it is consistent in creating the same line break. Thanks in advance for any help.

Gerald
7 REPLIES 7
Armin Feller
Honored Contributor

I think that the message occur because the list_expander calculates the wrong value of characters in the path.

line: 14 opt/perl5/bin

The path in line 14 has only has 13 characters, not 14!

/opt/ignite/lbin/list_expander -S -l file
Gerald Taylor
Frequent Advisor

Thanks I agree with you but can you think of a way to fix this problem? Do you think it's a bug in list_expander that should be taken up with HP?

Gerald
Jean-Louis Phelix
Honored Contributor
Solution

Or perhaps the opt/perl5/bin contains extra chars. Try a ls -lb /opt/perl

Regards.
It works for me (┬й Bill McNAMARA ...)
Armin Feller
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure, I think that the list_expander is ok. I think there was a problem with opt/perl5/bin during creating the image. For deeper analyse I would recommend to open a support case at your local HP support.
Gerald Taylor
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Jean,

I did a ls -lb and found something very wierd in the directory. This is another mystery. As for now I cleaned the directory and the make_net_recovery worked properly.

Gerald

# ls -lb /opt/perl5
total 2020
drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 1024 Nov 27 2002 bin
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root sys 1032192 Nov 26 2002 bin\012
drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 1024 Nov 27 2002 doc
drwxr-xr-x 5 root sys 96 Nov 27 2002 lib
drwxr-xr-x 4 root sys 96 Apr 26 2001 man
Antonio_56
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gerald,

I have the same trouble with Ignite-UX Server. I try cleaning the filesystem but the error has ocurried in other directory. A line is wroten break in "flist" file and the process stop. I can kill the process "list_expander" and continue with ignite but then I haven't an ignite archive from all vg00. That's the problem, Do you know the solution now?

Advanced thanks,

Anthon.
Gerald Taylor
Frequent Advisor

ls -lb found extra chars in the directory