4728 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

error with ignite

lawrenzo_1
Super Advisor

error with ignite

Hello,

I have 3 systems where the ignites have failed with the same error which is detailed below.

They completed successful last week however there has been a system change made by projects and now they are failing.

1> /var/opt/ignite/LIF_VOL/ is 50 mb - how do I calculate the space needed for this?

2> any idea why this area is no longer large enough?

"/opt/ignite/bin/make_medialif" -a -f "/var/opt/ignite/recovery/config.recover" -l "/var/opt/ignite/LIF_VOL/uxinstlf.recovery" -C "HP-UX System Recovery" >> /var/opt/ignite/logs/makrec.log1 2>&1
lifcp: file truncated, no space on the LIF volume
make_medialif: error - lifcp VINSTALL failed, probable insufficient size for /var/opt/ignite/LIF_VOL/uxinstlf.recovery

Ended Unsuccessfully - Sat Feb 12 01:30:50 2005

TIA
hello
5 REPLIES 5
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: error with ignite

what does bdf reveal as the available space?
It looks lik eyou need to verify there is enough free space to create this make_recovery image.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
lawrenzo_1
Super Advisor

should have mention, there is about 45mb available, really need to know what to calculate what is required on the file system

cheers
hello
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

I am not sure there is a way to calculate this, but you might try the -p option to see what that gives you as a preview.
Depending on your Ignite version, it may be worth trying a newer version after downloading it from the HP web site
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
lawrenzo_1
Super Advisor

bounce - any idea's?
hello
lawrenzo_1
Super Advisor

increase the filesystem where this LIF_VOL is created to 100mb - this was enough

Thanks for your help
hello