Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

growisofs failed

SBagheri
Occasional Advisor

growisofs failed

Hello;Using the Ignite script make_media_install ,I am attempting to make an iso image and make a bootable DVD from it  but when I run the following : 

#/opt/ignite/data/scripts/examples/make_media_install -r B.11.23 -m   ISO_directory   

I get this error :

=== Step 6: Write image file to tape/CD/DVD media ===
+ /opt/ignite/lbin/growisofs -Z /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0=iso/image.iso
:-( /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0: media is not recognized as recordable DVD: 8
+ Error 83 /opt/ignite/lbin/growisofs failed.
/opt/ignite/data/scripts/examples/make_media_install: ERROR: /opt/ignite/lbin/growisofs failed.

and I did attach a file to see the whole story.

please help me to solve the error.

thanks.

2 REPLIES
pradeep m
HPE Pro

Re: growisofs failed

:-( /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0: media is not recognized as recordable DVD: 8

As the above error state, make sure you have writable DVD media (RW+ Media) and a DVD writer. 

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

Highlighted
pradeep m
HPE Pro

Re: growisofs failed

The "Error 83 /opt/ignite/lbin/growisofs failed " error message is normal, since most HP-UX systems are not configured to burn CD/DVD images directly.

So check if the DVD drive is writable and has RW+ DVD media in it. 

Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details