New Discussion юеВ

Re: gzip: stdout: File too large

SOLVED
Go to solution
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Fred,

Just saw your post and you probably have the 1.2.4a version of gzip which does support largefiles.

The version that HP-UX ships with by default is 1.2.4 (note the lack of the 'a' on the end) that does NOT support large files.

To Jeff S. -- Agree with 100% buddy!
Fred Ruffet
Honored Contributor

Woh woh woh ! Excuse me guys, but what do you think about HP putting 1.2.4 version of gzip on its server ?

I have here an HP-UX server with base packages and I only have 1.2.4 version, with patches from HP that implements this 2Gb support, and probably other bug fixes. I would not say this is a bad tool that can't do its job.

Installing 1.3.5 is a choice, but what I mean is that HP provide a corrected tool that works fine and that they support. So, why use a tool that is said as dev version by GNU site itself (http://www.gzip.org) ?
When they say it's a dev version, I imagine that it means it may implement experimental features. It's the version they are working on, and this doesn't mean that new patches are not included to stable 1.2.4 version...

regards,

Fred
--

"Reality is just a point of view." (P. K. D.)
Schneider H.-P.
Advisor
Solution

Hello Carmen,

try this (found in the Knowledge Base)

http://www4.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000065011129

H.-P.
Carme Torca
Super Advisor

Hi,

Finally I have umount server_ignite:/var/opt/ignite/clients
umount server_ignite:/var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/server_client

and finally it works ok... I was convert /var/opt/ignite in largefiles but I doesn't umount and mount the filesystem in the client...

Now works ok!!!!

Thanks everybody!!
Carmen

Users are not too bad ;-)