Operating System - HP-UX
1753831 Members
9242 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how to specify size of / in disk layout.

ed e
Advisor

how to specify size of / in disk layout.

How can I specify the default size of a LV when making an ignite image config?
6 REPLIES 6
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

Ignite-UX reads /var/opt/ignite/INDEX to determine which configuration files to use and

/opt/ignite/data/Rel_B.11.23/config contains the default file system and disk layout for v 11.23. The sizes of logical volumes and file systems are adjusted based on the hardware of the target system.

-USA..
Good Luck..
ed e
Advisor

ok. I am trying to override with an entry in config.local
ed e
Advisor

config.local is for net params and the like. I have not found a way to override just a segment of the disk layout.

If anyone knows of a way, let me know.
ed e
Advisor

ops, forgot to include in the above that I edited /opt/ignite/data/Rel_B.11.11/config but I would rather not have to do that.
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

Agree, would recommend not editing the config files under /opt, they are the defaults.

Setup your own config file anywhere under /var/opt/ignite, ./data/ for example.

You can create a config file of an existing machine with the 'save_config' command. This will build the config syntax for you. Then all you have to do is customize that.

Add a line in the INDEX file stanza for the new config file.

There is a guide for custom config files you may want to refer to: http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5992-1999/5992-1999.pdf
Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

The manual refered to by Scott:

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5992-1999/5992-1999.pdf

Has examples of writing custom disk layouts starting on page 131.

Example One explains how to add a new disk layout into the list of choices you have available by default (the only fully worked example).

Example Two explains how to add a lot of new disk layouts and select them automatically based on hardware models.

Example Three shows some pitfalls.

You can't actually override the size of filesystems in another disk layout as far as I know (I can't guarantee that as I've never tried it or saw the need to do it).