Ignite-UX

how to take ignite bakcup as per

siva baskaran
Regular Advisor

how to take ignite bakcup as per

Dear(s),

we have two servers, one server is rp 5470 with disk enclosure (RAID 0+1), and another one is rp 3440, now i would like to shift whole setup from rp 5470 to rp 3440, so i have decided to do same by through ignite backup, but one thing is rp 5470 has disk enclosure setup, so sourece server has disk enclosure and lot of LVMs on servral disks, but here (destination server ) is only two disks, will work ?

or what is the procedure to shift whole setup, like should i take ignite backup without particular (external disk enclosure's) mount point ?

i expecting valued solution from u
thanks
siva
2 REPLIES 2
Fabian Briseño
Esteemed Contributor

Re: how to take ignite bakcup as per

Hi Siva.

I would say that you can backup in its whole VG00 and restore to the target machine, and that would solve the OS part

The disk enclosure i think you would have to install it separately.

Knowledge is power.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: how to take ignite bakcup as per

Ignite is intended as a disaster recovery tool to restore your operating system so that you can then recover your data through normal backup/restore technology.

In your case, it sounds like you simply need to export the VG's in the disk enclosure and then re-import them to the rp3440:

On the rp5470:
vgchange -a n /dev/vg01
vgexport -s -m /tmp/vg01map /dev/vg01
copy /tmp/vg01map to the rp3440

On the rp3440:
mkdir /dev/vg01
mknod /dev/vg01/group c 64 0x010000
vgimport -s -m /tmp/vg01map /dev/vg01
vgchange -a y /dev/vg01

The map files are only necessary if you use non-standard lvol names (other than lvol1, lvol2, etc.).

Pete

Pete