New Discussion юеВ

ignite attitude

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

ignite attitude

Hi guys!!

I have an older 11.0 system I would like to ignite to a newer system, 11.11. The weird thing is that the older box has ignite B.4.4.30, and the newer one has an older ignite version: B.4.4.29. When I run the make_net_ recovery command, it complains about the recovery tools vesion being too old on the target system. Is there a download for 4.4.30 out there still?

Thanks in advance
Should have been an astronaut.
4 REPLIES 4
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: ignite attitude

Hi Ron:

> Is there a download for 4.4.30 out there still?

No, you will only find the most current Ignite software on the Ignite web site.

> I have an older 11.0 system I would like to ignite to a newer system, 11.11. The weird thing is that the older box has ignite B.4.4.30, and the newer one has an older ignite version: B.4.4.29.

This doesn't make sense to me. If you are migrating from 11.0 to 11.11 cold-install 11.11. You can 'vgexport' non-vg00 volume groups and 'vgimport' them afterwards to carry your old data to the new configuration.

Regards!

...JRF...
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Thanks James!!

What I'm doing is the recovery option, as there hasn't been a make_tape_recovery or a make_net_recovery done on these systems in a LONG time. I won't be upgrading these systems running 11.0, as they are scheduled to be decommisioned later this year.

Better safe than sorry, right?
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Hi (again) ROn:

> What I'm doing is the recovery option, as there hasn't been a make_tape_recovery or a make_net_recovery done on these systems in a LONG time.

So, take a 'make_tape_recovery' of your old server, since you have version "incompatibilities" among your servers.

Regards!

...JRF...
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

That's probably going to end up happening. Once I feel more comfortable with the mixed platforms here, I'll get everything up to the same level and just ignite everything to a central location.

Thanks again!!