1753878 Members
7074 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ignite backup problems

Michal Zochowski

ignite backup problems

I have a problem with backing up all vg00.
Using command:
make_tape_recovery -A -x inc_entire=vg00
but this command doesn't backup up all vg00 i.e. /etc/opt is not backed up (it's in vg00).
Ignite log shows that everything is ok with backup (finish complete) but doesn't show any errors or warnings.
My Ignite-UX version was old, so I updated it.
Reinstallation didn't help. (Both of versions working properly on others machines). It means that Ignite-UX is correct, but something in the system is wrong.
I will be gratefull if you help me.
Ragerds.
8 REPLIES 8
Hoefnix
Honored Contributor

Re: ignite backup problems

could it be that /etc/opt contains symbolic links to other locigolvolumes that are not in vg00?

After searching the forum it looks like you should use:
make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/Xmn -I -v -x inc_entire=vg00

HTH,
Peter Geluk
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Hi Michael,

Depending on the options you specify, it will create a list of all the files to be backed up under

/var/opt/ignite/recovery/latest/flist

Search this file and see if etc/opt is included. While this doesn't guarantee that everything get backed up, you should atleast see some errors in the recovery.log under the same directory. Do you see any?.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
Michal Zochowski

you've right Peter. The path /etc/opt contains symbolic links to other vg, but I knew about this, but what is going on with rest of files , which one are not symb. links.
Before I was doing backup I always first was testing command with option -p (preview).

Sri, I saw flist in path /var/opt/ignite/recovery/latest/ . This file (flist) doesn't contain files and directiories interesting me, which one are in /etc/opt.
Recovery Log shows that everything is ok (no errors, no warnings).
Hoefnix
Honored Contributor

Just checkt some items this morning at the office. To get a recovery tape of vg00 we use: make_tape_recovery -ACivd /dev/rmt/0mnI checked where is stored what is on the last recovery tape, it seems to be in:/var/opt/ignite/recoveryin the file:arch.includeI could not find the file Sri is talking about in this directory. It could be a version difference. The system I checked uses B.4.2.110 or it's the difference in the options I used.HTH,Peter Geluk
Ron Freeland
Occasional Advisor

The -A option backups everything specified in the /opt/ignite/recovery/mnr_essentials file. I would suggest just using the -x inc_entire=vg00 to get all of vg00.

Ron
Michal Zochowski

Peter,
I understand your idea, but is little problem, our last and once ignite backup doesn't containt files which one I'm taking about. We even don't know when and which files lost. We knows about some lost files from fbackup session and from other similar system.
Ron,
I tested your suggestion (( make_tape_recovery -x inc_entire=vg00 )) earlier, but it didn't make expected result.

Have you other suggestion ?

Michal Zochowski
pap
Respected Contributor

Hi Michael,

As a worst case senario you can uninstall ignite-ux (remove all ignite-us softwares in your machine and do a fresh install. I think that will help you in resolving your problem.

Also make sure /etc/opt is not a filesystem , if it is , please make sure it is mounted correctly.

Goodluck.

-pap
"Winners don't do different things , they do things differently"
Michal Zochowski

unfortunately this solution I also tested. I removed older version
and installed newer one. It didn't make effect.
((/etc/opt is not a filesystem))
I'm affraid that only reinstall all system may take effect.