6812 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ignite image of server cannot be booted from

Luke Bell
Advisor

ignite image of server cannot be booted from

HI

I have recently made an ignite image of our ignite server and tried to boot another system with this tape. The system will not boot its complaining about:

ERROR: "/tmp/ign_configure/config.full", line 114: syntax error
ERROR: Problems were encountered while parsing config file:
"/tmp/ign_configure/config.full".
ERROR: configure: Parser returned failure on: /tmp/ign_configure/config.full

I have checked the config.full file and line 114 appears to be a blank line.

I ve been able to successfully ignite the server I am using with other ignite images and have tried the ignite server image on another server with no success I get exactly the same error message.

I ve attached the install.log for your info. I am really stuck on where to go from here.

thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Hi

I think you have an old config.full on the ignite server and the recover gets the wrong one.

That would explain this

Check your server

. The recovery process places the correct version of /config.full on the system.
. The archive is restored from tape.
. The old (incorrect) version of from the
archive overwrites the correct version

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Luke,

Check this doc.

http://tinylink.com/?BJeLHHQ3SC

Document description: ERROR: "/tmp/ign_configure/config.full", line 257: syntax error
Document id: UIUXKBRC00010155

Best regards,
Robert-Jan
Luke Bell
Advisor

This is what i dont get there is NO config.full file on the ignite server. at all for either for ignite server itself or the clients that backup there.

could it be that when i created the mount pouint /ver/opt/ignite wheter it over wote the files.

however we have successfully restored the ignite image from this server in the past.

how do i create a new config.full file on the ignite server?

i could just patch the ignite server but dotn weant to install a new version of igntie ~(currently using)B.5.1.33
Luke Bell
Advisor

ive read the link and i cant find a configure3 file on the ignite server. I am using make_take_recovery to create the ignite tape of the ignite server so its not in var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/****

and a find doesnt find it?
Luke Bell
Advisor

in case anyone has this issue in he furture it turns otu there is a know poeblem with the ignite version 5.1.33 which means it can make the ignite image unusable with make_tape_recovery is used. I ve upgraded to C.6.0.109 and its all working
Luke Bell
Advisor

see above