8029 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ignite ux error

guru_1
Frequent Advisor

ignite ux error

hi,
I have set up a ignite server (10.152.5.10) and a helper system (10.153.5.7) .Now when i give insl_adm -d on as my ignite server .but whn i am booting the vclient with the command boot lkan.10.153.5.7helper system i am able to see the o/p as my ignite servers ip addreess etc .But whn i am booting my client by giving boot lan.10.153.5.7 install .It throws a error
WARN 8059
Cannot find ENTRY_TEST

FAILED TPO INITIALIZE
ENTRY_INI

STATUS=-7

00000 0000000 0988889000 00000

9000000 -=---SOME CODES

WARN=80F5

FAILED TO INIRTIALIZE

Cn anybody suggest why my client is not able to find my helper system ????
10 REPLIES 10
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Re: ignite ux error

Hi

The majority of ENTRY_INIT errors encountered are: Status = -4 and
Status = -7.

ENTRY_INIT -4 Causes:
- the disk is experiencing hardware faults and needs replacing.
- the path to the disk is experiencing problems. e.g.. Termination,
cabling, SCSI adapter, SCSI adapter seating.
ENTRY_INIT -7 Causes:
- Booting from the wrong path or non-existent device.
- Trying to boot from a device that is not responding.

Your error message means that
firmware was unable to read ISL. This is usually because
no server replied to the udp broadcast for bootp services, and therefore there wasn't a LIF from which to access ISL.

Doing a directed boot, may help if it was just a matter of the bootp query timing out before someone responded. Also make sure that there is at least one available IP address in /etc/opt/ignite/instl_boottab on the Ignite server that you expect to answer the boot request. If that file contains only comments (and you haven't setup /etc/bootptab instead) then you can't do network boot.

Note

you should use
bo lan.A.B.C.D INSTALL
here A.B.C.D is the ip address of the Ignite Server, Make sure "INSTALL" is in Capital characters. You should be able to boot using this if your server is connected to the network thru the Lan port on the Core Adapter.

Summary
Make sure you're on the same network as the ignite server

use
bo lan.A.B.C.D INSTALL

Check that there is available IP address in /etc/opt/ignite/instl_boottab

chmod 755 /etc/opt/ignite/instl_boottab

Make sure that there is entry for tftp and instl_bootd in your /etc/inetd.conf

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
dhanish
Regular Advisor

As i mentioned My ignite server is on different network as my client .So I ahve setup a

helper system using the following command

1)/opt/ignite/bin/instl_adm -t IP_OF_IGNITE _SERVER

now to check i tried with the command
instl_adm -d
It gives the ip details about the ignite server

2)After this i have edited the /etc/opt/ignitre/instl_bo0ttab file and entered one ip

address and did chmod 755 to instl_boottab file.

Now on my ignte server /var/opt/ignite/clients -anon=2 is exported and same thing i have

done on my helper system

Do i have to export /var/opt/ignite/depots/Rel_B.11.00 on my ignite server ?????? as it is

not exported at present.

Plus My Ignite server is L class ,Helper serever L class ,My client D class......

I dont know whats happening ...

Plus one more question ..If i boot from cd using BO P1 (eg. P1 being path of cdrom) Then

after the system comes up how can i point it to my ignite server that is on the other

network...(I also want to try this ...may be my helper system is giving problems)

thnks
Never Say Die
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Kuls,

Boot your client system using,

bo lan.a.b.c.d INSTALL

Here a.b.c.d is the ip address of the ignite server and not the helper.

Hope this helps.

Regds
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Kuls,

There is another post on the forum with the same problem. Have just suggested the member to make sure rbootd is running on the helper server. the rbootd is in /usr/sbin. You can also give it a try if you are still having the problem.

Hope this helps.

Regds
xujun
Advisor

First you needn't use install in Capital characters, and you needn't change the attrib of the file /etc/opt/ignite/instl_boottab ,let it as 666.

Then you could compare the two files /var/adm/inetd.sec on ignite server and helper system .It both should has a entry : tftp allow ,and it shouldn't include :tftp allow x.x.x.x, x.x.x.x is ip address of anyother machine or net printer.

You can also try to search bootable lan device on the client , use command sea lan install .

In order to test the connectivity of ignite server and helper system ,you can run the following command on server
boot lan.x.x.x.x install
x.x.x.x is the ip address of help system

guru_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
I do not have inetd.sec file in /var/adm on both my helper system and ignite server...Do i need to have it...if yes what shud i put their...

plus

# grep tftp /etc/inetd.conf
# Before uncommenting the "tftp" entry below, please make sure
# that you have a "tftp" user in /etc/passwd. If you don't
# have one, please consult the tftpd(1M) manual entry for
tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/lbin/tftpd tftpd\

the above is the o/p ofv grep command on both the helper and ignite server.

and i have tried using lower case "install" also..problem still persist...

SANJAY: rbootd is running on my helper system.
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Kuls,

Here is the link to other post i was talking about,

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x7b14cb60e503d6118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

I just posted another suggestion to that post.

Hope it helps you.

Regds
xujun
Advisor

Just enter "search lan install" at ISL prompt
and ping help system on ignite server
guru_1
Frequent Advisor

XUJUN:I have tried sea lan install it gives nothing and when i sauy sea ipl it gives my lan interface card.

Sanjay:I have read the document and all the things are as per the doc .One thing is there i want toa sk..bootpd daemon is not running on my helper system but it is enabled in /etc/ined.conf file .So as per the document it will started automatically when reqd by ined so do i still need to start it explicitly using /usr/sbin/bootd ..or it is not reqd.But the problem is stil their.
Can i bypass the helper system by booting the clienbt thru CD and if yes ..then what shud i do after that to get that installed from a ignite ux server that is on other subnet.

XUJUN ...can u suggest something...My connectrivity from helper system to ignite server is perfect.