1753953 Members
7910 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ignite ux installation problem on HP-UX 11.11

Li Hao
Advisor

ignite ux installation problem on HP-UX 11.11

I have a hp ux 11.11 server original installed with ignite version 6.1.44. Later I try to upgrade to version 6.2.241, but it looks like failed to upgrade two components, the kernel and file set.

I try to upgrade to a newer version 7.2.94. but it still give me the same error when install.

The error is saying the component is corrupted and not able to install.

Now the ignite can not work because there are two version of file exists.

How to install/upgrade the ignite? or If I can not do that How do I revert back to the original 6.1.44 so that at least I can do ignite again.
7 REPLIES 7
Mridul Shrivastava
Honored Contributor

Re: ignite ux installation problem on HP-UX 11.11

I would suggest you to uninstall all the versions of ignite and do a fresh installation of the new version.

Normally upgrade does not cause a problem but sometimes I have seen these kind of issues. Best option is to remove all the ignite related filesets and then do a fresh installation.
Time has a wonderful way of weeding out the trivial
piyush mathiya
Trusted Contributor

Hi,
I also aggree with mrudul's answer, but then also can you please give us the error message you are getting for further investigation.

Regards,
Piyush Mathiya
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

I have seen problems in Ignite upgrades if you have all versions (e.g. 11.0, 11.11 and 11.23) installed and you attempt to upgrade to a new Ignite release but only install one (e.g. 11.11) version. At that point, the installation fails, citing mismatched filesets.

The solution, as noted, is to 'swremove' all Ignite product components and then 'swinstall' the version you desire.

Regards!

...JRF...
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Fenglin
Regular Advisor

After doing a swlist,if the results were as follows
1)Ignite C.7.2.94 HP-UX Installation utilities
2)Ignite-UX-11-11 C.7.2.94 HP-UX Installation utilities for installing 11.11 systems

Does this mean there are 2 versions installed on the system?If yes, what's the difference between 1) and 2)?
Li Hao
Advisor

I try to download the latest ignite ux from software depot (I think it is 7.6.100), but no matter what I filled in the download form, I always get this error message:

Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Our system is experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later.

Can someone give me a direct link to the ignite download?
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I always get this error message: Sorry, we are unable to process your request.

This was already reported yesterday in:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1251297

>Can someone give me a direct link to the ignite download?

No, that's the correct link.