New Discussion юеВ

ignite-ux problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Becke
Super Advisor

ignite-ux problem

Hi Guys,

I'm having problems installing ignite-UX, we have legacy 9000 hp server running version 10.01...

I have downloaded the correct version of ignite-UX for our 10.01 os...

I have untar the tar image of ignite-ux-10.01.

Now the problem occurs when i try to install it through sam..below is the error message..

"The lock file could not be opened"

I have also tried to install from the command line but it still gives an error, the command I have run on the command line is below,

" swinstall -s $PWD/ignite-UX-10.01/*"
but it doesn't work...

I need a help to get the depot software if i need it, not too sure about this, I couldn't find the depot software....

I also need to know that how do i get sam working so I can install this ignite-UX...

Please advise its urgent...

Regards,
Raf
3 REPLIES 3
Eknath
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: ignite-ux problem

Hi Rafiq,

Check for following lock files
/var/adm/sw/products/swlock or
/var/spool/sw/catalog/swlock try to rename these files and start the swinstall again..

Cheers!!!

eknath
Binu_2
Advisor

Hi

Try stop /restarting the swagent daemon

/usr/sbin/swagentd stop
/usr/sbin/swagentd start

Also check the swagent.log

Thanks
Binu

Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

-> I need a help to get the depot software if i need it, not too sure about this, I couldn't find the depot software....

It can be downloaded from

http://software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=IGNITEUXB

->I also need to know that how do i get sam working so I can install this ignite-UX...

So said you installed it through SAM. How was that done if sam is not working ? sam at the command prompt will initializa SAM. It will open in GUI if you are using xterm and your DISPLAY variable is exported properly or will open in TUI. But for TUI also your TERM variable should be set properly.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"