New Discussion юеВ

Re: ignite warning

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jacky Wing
Regular Advisor

ignite warning

when I try the make_tape_recovery in my hpux 11.23 i get the following warning:

"WARNING: You are about to create an Itanium-based recovery tape. To recover the system using this tape, you must perform 'two-step media recovery' where the boot media (CD or DVD) has the same version of Ignite-UX as the version on this tape."

The tape seems to be writing the backup right now. By the these are new tapes with new tape library.
4 REPLIES 4
noldi
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Jacky,

your system needs to be able to boot from tape,
which means that EFI needs to be able to read a tape drive. See the WP "Ignite-UX Installation Booting" on page 11 at http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5992-2904/5992-2904.pdf
for details.

Otherwise you have to make sure you install the Ignite-UX version on your HP-UX DVD-Set that you used to install your system.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Arnold
Sandy Chen
Honored Contributor

Hi Jacky,

It's just a warning you can ignore. Ignite is taking backup of your system. It just that you will need to boot up from CD/DVD with same version of Ignite to restore from the tape

Regards,
Sandy
I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
Jacky Wing
Regular Advisor

Well after reading the document that noldi pointed out. I will check the firmware version of the system and try to upgrade if necessary, i will also try to upgrade the SCSI firmware so that i can boot from the tape.
I don't guess anybody changed the version of the ignite.
Jacky Wing
Regular Advisor

Thank you!!