5521 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

ignite

INH
Regular Advisor

Re: ignite

Hello Jona,
You need to ensure all teh configuration is fine as said above. Such as /etc/hosts entires and DNS entry of your client in teh network, DNS entry should work with forward and reverse lookup ( IP & hostname vice versa). Ensure nfs daemon is running on server as well as client.
Then perfrom folwllowing steps to configure your client for Ignite netrecovery.

Add new ignite client on ignite servers in your environment

Add client to /etc/exports on ignite server

Example
/var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/client_name -anon=2,access=client_name

Create recovery archive directory on Ignite server
Eg.
# mkdir /var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/client_name
# chown bin:bin /var/opt/ignite/recovery/archives/ client_name
Add the /var/opt/ignite/clients//recovery/archive_content file, with the following contents (ensure file is owned by bin:bin and is world readable):

inc_entire /dev/vg00

Once server is added to the ignite server, create a full Ignite-UX backup of the vg00 volume group to both ignite servers.

# make_net_recovery â s Ignite_server â v

Verify and check

HTH,
Regards,
INH
Knowledge is power
ani007
Super Advisor

Hi,
Tnx all, I have cheked & found in etc/hosts entry was not there so i put the entry in both client & server , now i am able to ping by name & ip from both client & server.& again reexport the.. but now working ..
in client if i fire showmount -a it showes the following error
"showmount: xxxx02: RPC: Program not registered"
yesterday i have restarted nfs.core & nfs.client on client machine. so what you suggest now shall i restart nfs.server in server machine?

REgards,
Jona
ani007
Super Advisor

Jona same problem is our envirnment ... i am also facing the sam problem .... you can also check my thread..
jona_1
Frequent Advisor

HI Manix,
I am able to do it.. i choose another server & make it as ignite server. Thank you .
Regards,
Jona