108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: make_media_install ignite question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eric Lipede
Frequent Advisor

make_media_install ignite question

Hi there, Ive just run this for the 1st time and i got the standard no dvd error (no dvd installed etc) so Im planning the burn the iso image elsewhere....so the questions are:

1. What option do I use to include vg01 (similar to the -inc option in make_tape_recovery)

2. If i test the bootability (did i just invent a new word????) of the dvd AND it fails, is the original system trashed ?
Quod sum eris
3 REPLIES 3
Ramesh S
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi

What option do I use to include vg01 (similar to the -inc option in make_tape_recovery)

>> make_tape_recovery -Av -x inc_entire=vg00 -x inc_entire=vg01

If i test the bootability (did i just invent a new word????) of the dvd AND it fails, is the original system trashed ?

>> No. you could try booting thru DVD. until unleass u dont select the boot disk and lvol overwrite.

Thanks & Regards

Ramesh
Eric Lipede
Frequent Advisor

Ramesh

sorry, I didnt make myself very clear - I wasnt asking about make_tape_recovery options..i merely compared a similar command.

The questions specifically referred to make_media_install which as you know is the command that allows you to create a bootable dvd. The default working of make_media_install is to include vg00 .... hence the 1st part of the question ...

The 2nd question was similar - once it is done and tested ...would the test trach the original system if the bootable media was cr££$p ?
thks
Quod sum eris
Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

For this question:

The 2nd question was similar - once it is done and tested ...would the test trach the original system if the bootable media was crà £à £$p ?

Ignite-UX doesn't change any data on any disks until it starts the recovery. If you perform an interactive install that means pressing the final "GO" in itool.