1748252 Members
4073 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

make_net_recovery exclude problem

DD-CC
Occasional Advisor

make_net_recovery exclude problem

I'm trying to make a recovery archive on a client also configured with automount. The client and sever is running hpux 10.20

When a mounted filesystem first is present and later automatic is unmounted during the creation of a recovery archive, a warning is written into the logfiles saying something like:
"Lstat failed for file /tmp_mnt/usrdsk1. Skipping. No such file or directory (errno = 2)"

I've tried to exclude the catalogs used by automount (/net and /tmp_mnt) but it doesn't make a difference. The command I'm using is:
"make_net_recovery -s -v -P s -n 2 -x inc_entire=vg00 -x exclude=/net -x exclude=/tmp_mnt"

It's like Ignite still is trying to include the /net katalog in the recovery archive.

Any suggestions what I can try to avoid the problem ??
When all you've got is a nailgun, every problem looks like a Messiah...
4 REPLIES 4
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Re: make_net_recovery exclude problem

I dont think ignite is trying to include /net in the image archive. We get hundreds of similar errors whenever we run make_net_recovery, all "errno = 2" indicating links to files on different mountpoints which arent followed because they will be captured when the individual mountpoints are backed up themselves (if in vg00). Its nothing to worry about. Weve backed up lots of servers with warnings like this and restored quite a few and the restore works perfectly every time.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
DD-CC
Occasional Advisor

Stefan,
thanks for your answer.

I'm aware that the warnings are just at they are called - warnings, and they should not have any influence on the validity of a recovery archive.

But I would like to suppress the specific warnings concerning the automounted filesystems because they just confuse the operators checking the result of a new network recovery archive. If there sometimes or always are warnings attached to a new recovery archive, the operator might miss a 'real' warning that does influence the validity of the recovery archive.

When a filesystem is mounted during the whole creation of the recovery archive no warning appears. So I guess it's only if a file is moved or deleted (or a filesystem unmounted) the warning will appear.
In this case though, I specific tell make_net_recovery to ignore /net and /tmp_mnt and still the warnings concerning files/filesystems linked in /net and /tmp_mnt appear - that shuld not be !!

Isen't my argument right ??
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

The only way I can see to supress the warnings is to redirect the output of the make_net_recovery command to a logfile, so nothing displayed, then check the logfile afterwards to see if it completed successfully - else display an error and the error msg from the log.

As for errors from /tmp_mnt and /net, can you post a copy of some of them then we can look into it further.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
DD-CC
Occasional Advisor

I'll run the logfiles through a script filtering out the warnings concerning /net and /tmp_mnt.

Thanks for the offering to analyze the logfile though.

S?ren Dreyer