#export PATH=$PATH:
#make_recovery -AvC

Sandip
Good Luck!!!
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: make_net_recovery problems creating dr images

Eric,

Have you gotten this working yet? I've been doing some experiments and I had forgotten that you DO need to update gzip on the machine you are backing up. It won't hurt to update the Ignite server as well, but the client will definitely need updateing as the gzip'ing is done on the client side before the data is transferred to the server.
Eric Thiessen
Occasional Advisor

This is the make_net_recovery command I am using.

/opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s ignite -a ignite:/ignite/archives/server1 -v -x inc_entir
e=/dev/vg00 "test_server1_image"

The gzip version is definitely 1.3.1 on both the client and ignite server. Links point from /usr/contrib/bin to /opt/gzip/bin for the gzip command.

Largefiles has been set on the /ignite/archives filesystem since it was created. I have set largefiles for /var/opt/ignite on the server also, and as we speak I am running make_net_recovery again. Any other filesystems that anyone can think of that will need largefiles set?
Eric Thiessen
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to everyone who offered help. My make_net_recovery command is still running but the archive is approaching 3 Gb without any problems.

The solution appears to be a combination of installing a largefiles compatible version of gzip and making sure that not only the filesystem being archived to but also the filesystem containing /var/opt/ignite (if that is not the filesystem where the image is stored) on the ignite server have largefiles enabled.