108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

make_net_recovery script

SOLVED
Go to solution
MikeL_4
Super Advisor

make_net_recovery script

Does anyone have a make_net_recovery script so I don't have to re-invent the wheel for making recoveries of servers ?
4 REPLIES 4
Sundar_7
Honored Contributor

Re: make_net_recovery script

make_net_recovery script ? - You dont have to create a script on your own, neither I have come across a need for customizing the script.

Download and install Ignite-UX from software.hp.com. Installing Ignite-UX will place the make_net_recovery script in /opt/ignite/bin directory.
Learn What to do ,How to do and more importantly When to do ?
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Mike,

If you are looking for options with make_net_recovery, this is what I do.

make_net_recovery -v -x inc_entire=vg00 -x exclude=/var/adm/crash -s -a archive_server:/ignite_archives/

Here archive_server can be ignite_server or it can be different. You will need to ensure that /ignite_archives/ is properly exported to your client before you can run make_net_recovery on the client.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Actually, for a bullet-proof task that doesn't have to be run by a senior sysadmin, I created the attached script. It checks to see that there is a tape and that it is writable, it adds some headers onto the tape with command line options, it temporarily removes any cdfs entires in fstab (I use noauto option in fstab so I can always mount /cdrom whenever I need to without knowing the device file), it redirects the verbose output, checks the return code for failure and emails the verbose output to a sysadmin mailbox. Although it is for tape, you can adapt it to net recovery.

Right now, there are several ways that make_tape_recovery (and make_net_recovery) can encounter an error that is not really an error (excluding files or mounted filesystems or having opsystem mountpoints on a different VG, etc all return errors). The lab is looking into these issues.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
MikeL_4
Super Advisor

Thanks