New Discussion юеВ

make_net_recovery

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

make_net_recovery

Dear All,

In my current Enviroment i have two RP440 machines.One machine on production and second machine is fresh.i want to take backup of production machine and restore on fresh RP4440.But i have no tape drive and i want to take backup using make_net_recovey.
i don't have past Experience in make_net_recovey and is it possible i take netback up of this machine on Other production machine and restore on fresh machine? i have one production server available with 200 GB free space...If yes then please share with me how can i do this.
One possibility is that swap the Hard drive but the new one server with Internal Hardware RAID card and old one without RAID card...and i think its not possible...what you says

Waiting Quick reply

Thanks in Advance

Khalid
7 REPLIES 7
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: make_net_recovery

Hello Khalid,

You can create a make_net_recovery backup on the third servers, with using production server as a source.
After that do a restore of the non-production with image, taken from first.

All you need is installed Ignite/UX with make_recovery* subproducts.

See Ignite administration guide - http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5992-3336/index.html

regards,
ivan
Mridul Shrivastava
Honored Contributor

As mentioned above.. the server on which you are going to store Archive should have ignite-ux installed and configured as a Ignite-ux server.

Once that is done.. you could execute the following command on the client to create and store the archive at Ignite-ux server:

nohup make_net_recovery -s -x inc_entire=vg00 -P s -x exclude=/var/adm/crash &

You can drop or add the options used based on your preference.
Time has a wonderful way of weeding out the trivial
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Thanks ivan and Mridul for your Quick response.

i try to backup using make_net_recovey but the problem it store the backup in /var/opt/ignite/clients location. i have not enough space in /var. i have one lvol around 200 GB free space. i want to store image there. can you tell me how├в s it possible.

Waiting you replay
khalid
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

alternatively you can use NFS mount point of remote server in your server and store the image in NFS file system.

You will have to make recovery images to local disk and then scp them to the central ignite server.

Then you are kind of dead because recovery of the system requires an image on an NFS server.

a warrior never quits
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Hi Ahsan
Thanks For you Quick reply
I really appreciated if you send me step by step Procedure.

Thanks in advance
Khalid
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Dear Gurz,

i take the backup of one machine by using make_ner_recovery on by other production server.i want to restore this image in fresh server.Any one Guide me how can i restore image on fresh server.

Thanks In advance
Khalid
Khalid Shakoor
Regular Advisor

Dear All
Thanks for your response.backup Restore on other machine successfully.

Thanks you all again
Khalid